Saturday, January 3, 2009

Backpacking and Blogging

At the same time is a very hard task, at least for me, as I proved to be one of the lamest backpacking-bloggers in history. Not a single post. I intended for this blog to be a travelogue. Because plans change, compasses break, booze is delicious, my heart was busted, a city fell in love, I fell out of lust, and because I have already left Florida, lived in Ireland, and just moved to Chicago on Christmas Eve--this blog is not going to be neat or orderly. It seems natural that this blog should mock the backwards, fast-paced, awkward-hip-thrusted-inverted times and dance moves of my life. 

Warning: Like most blogs mine will be shamelessly self-involved. It will be quickly drafted and honest. I will try to coherently interweave stories and poems from now and yesterday and last year. If things get messy I will try and remove the stains in a revisionary laundry mat in the sky--please bear with me as I am not the most domestic of ladies. 



No comments: